Sunday, October 9, 2011

[1st episode]Ben-To

As every day goes by we're getting closer and closer to the end of things I'm looking forward to.
The irony? The things I'm loiking forward to the most haven't even been released yet. I'm cursed.

Today, I've finally had the pleasure of being acquainted with Ben-To which I have dubbed as "Battle Royale in the supermarket" (pay attention it's not a combini ^^)
If you were looking for a more detailed summary I am afraid I won't be able to deliver. I still don't know what the hell I have just watched.


The anime opens on our unfortunate main character "dying" in the middle of the supermarket, his mistake? Trying to grab a half priced bento from the store.
What he didn't know however is that the half priced bento of that store are so famous (for some reason) that customers are putting their lives on the line for them.

The next events are quite blurry, well, not that there are more notable events, aside from his second (he ended up unconscious, still an improvement, he didn't need to go to the hospital again) and his third attempt, which he failed again.
As you imagine, main character is a weakling. He should be thankful to have big breasted girls around willing to teach him the in and outs of these daily battles.

In the end, while I still don't know what the hell I have watched it has good aspects.
- The megane girl is an awesome weirdo.
- Hiro Shimono is awesome. I could swear it really was Norio Wakamoto talking.

Going to continue this for sure. Even though I'm not that enthuisiastic.