Tuesday, October 4, 2011

[1st episode] Tamayura Hitotose

Seems that this season has quite its share of slice of life anime, the genre is growing on me it seems.

Tamayura Hitotose fits the genre perfectly, it's the story of a girl who lost her father, who loved photography. Her family and her move back to the father's hometown and the meantime she picks up photography using the same old camera her father used.


First, photography is one of my hobby and the reason why I picked this up in the first place. I like to hear why it is interesting for other people and why they like it, what they see in it and how they see their work.
I liked her vision of fixing happy memories in photographs. It's a very positive vision.

Second thing I liked in this is the theme of loss. I like to see how this very unhappy subject is treated in anime and other forms of entertainment that are supposed to be entertaining, not make the viewer feel down.
I find it cute, not very realistic but cute to see how the heroine follows on her father's footsteps.
(On the other hand if I had a friend like Chihiro, well, while her intentions are nice, I'd never ever be able to stand her)

I don't really have anything else to note except that I'll be looking forward to the next episodes. (Which seems to be quite a rare thing this season)