Thursday, September 22, 2011

[1st episode]Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai

Slowly, new things are starting to come out (even though it's officially just a preview) I'm glad, I don't really like the time between two seasons, it's a bit sad. 

But, readers of Kuuki no Puraido, rejoice! Today is the day we discover together the episode 0 of Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
I know I probably should wait for the actual episode but I don't think the overall atmosphere of the serie will change, if anything, it'd be a better indicator of the rest of the serie than the first and usually introductory episode. 
At least episode 0 makes us jump straight into things. 

So, it's yet another harem story, revolving around Hasegawa Kodaka, who, as the title kindly puts it, don't have many friends. When he meets whichever girl it was, he realizes he's not the only one who's facng this predicament and thus they decide to establish a club dedicated to a simple purpose : making friends. 


The plot sounds lame. You're right it is. Lame and cliché. (The OVA starts by a beach scene. Yes, they don't beat around the bush)
The cast of characters look like they're all coming out of an eroge. You get the imouto, the shy maid, the smart girl, the (very out of place) sister, the tsundere, and the big breasted blonde. 
And obviously there's only one man. 

Normally, with such a plot and cast of characters I'd say pass (actually I did, it originally didn't even make it the list of anime I wanted to at least try). I wouldn't even think twice about it. I just know this kind of show is not my cup of tea. 
But obviously again, there are exceptions. The main one in the past has been Kore wa Zombie desu ka? And from the look of it Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai seems like it'll be one as well. 

Why? Well, it's not your average harem anime. 
First, the girls are not what they seem to be. I don't really know how to express it, and it's actually just a feeling that hasn't been proven by any fact, but I'm pretty sure they're all going to surprise me, at least a bit. 
The guy is an average harem anime guy though, doesn't seem like he has much depth to him. 

Second, it's trash. I don't know many anime where the two main girls throw up on the main guy during the very first episode (and to be honest, that's the very reason I tried to watch, too curious for my own good I guess).

Lastly, it's amusing. It didn't make me laugh, but I did smile a few times, so I guess it shall be enough. 

Oh, and it has nice seiyuu too! Such as two of my favorite girls ever, Kana Hanazawa and Marina Inoue

I shall now wait patiently for the actual first episode, hoping it'll stay that way so I like it enough to keep on watching (Or not because my watchlist will explode if I already start to add more anime I didn't intend to watch ^^)