Monday, April 18, 2011

[1st episode]Hyougemono

Ok, I never thought this would get subbed, never, but since it is let's rejoice and review, then we'll call the end of the Spring 2011 first impression serie. For a very good reason, I don't really see the need to give first impressions for a second season and I can't objectively review things for which I read and love the manga. Or no, I could but I'm so damn lazy.

Anyway, Hyougemono what is it? The story of a guy, serving under Oda Nobunaga and who obsess over pretty things in the Sengoku Jidai.


Characters are easy, there's the main, Sasuke who makes some of the best faces I've ever seen and Nobunaga who is, well, Nobunaga.
It happens that I like Nobunaga and all his different portrayals, everywhere, as for Sasuke, his obsession is the determining point of his personnality, that and a strange ability to be a goddamn hypocrite ready to do anything to live his life as a warrior and hopefully keep his head on his shoulders.

OP and ED are so unfitting that it becomes funny, nothing to say about the music either and Sasuke's voice is pissing me off.

Truth is, this is not for everyone.
It would be best to have prior knowledge of the Sengoku Jidai, its important places and warlords or else it'll quickly become boring and bothersome.
Aside from this, well, I don't have much to say, from my point of view it tries to mix the pursuit of the calmness of the tea ceremony and art with the very violent Sengoku era.
I would recommend it for educationnal purposes but be prepared to be bored a bit, even if you are a fan of the period.