Sunday, July 10, 2011

[1st episode]Mawaru Penguindrum

Here you go, I was pretty sure I wouldn't fall in my usual trap of starting to randomly follow anime I wasn't interested in at all considering how many of them I'm already watching, but I was obviously wrong.

Started to watch Mawaru Penguindrum, read a few summaries here and there and still can't tell exactly what I did watch.
Just know it involves penguins and twins (?) and a miraculously revived little girl and yet another glorious transformation sequence.


I have nothing against the boys, they're normal? Not special at least, which I think is the point.
The girl(s) on the other hand are something else, the little sister is kind of a brat but I understand why she is, and she's not exactly an annoying brat either so it's ok. The penguin master on the other hand is pretty funny, another kind of brat who likes to control everything and randomly screams random stuff in the middle of an hospital or during dinner.
And then come the penguins, I like the penguins. Wonder whether or not it's linked to Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.

I kinda liked the OP and the ED, strangely enough, other than that nothing special to note on this section.

And now comes the hardest part of this anime, the plot, why? Because as I said I still don't know what the hell I just watched.

So I reserve my opinion for later. I laughed though so it'll probably stay on my watch list.