Monday, July 4, 2011

[1st episode]Kami-sama no Memochou

Hey, first edition of the infamous First episodes impressions serie of posts. Which eventually made me realize as I was updating my MAL account that I have so few shows actually finishing that even if I only follow half of my list, I'll be dead.
Not that I would really mind dying by anime excess though.

Anyway, Kami-sama no Memo-chou, or the story of a NEET detective and her newly hired assistant, who doesn't really like to interact with other people and a nice group of (mostly NEET) friends.
Together they help the great detective, Alice, resolving the mysteries she's hired (or not) to solve.


First, and as usual, the characters, starting by the main NEET and borderline Hikkikomori, Alice. Why do all female hikkikomori look nearly the same is a mystery (doesn't she remind me of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei's Kiri Komori?), she obsess over plushies, really hard, is a bit clingy, likes dark rooms, is a bit scary when she goes in Sunako mode, is deadly smart and likes throwing philosophical lines all over the place.
I like her.
I like the main character a bit less, well, he'll grow, I guess that will be one of the point of the anime later on, though he already DID grow. Now he works, he talks with people, he actually involves himself with things, even if he doesn't want to.
All of that in one episode.
We didn't get to see much of the side characters aside from the upbeat classmate but they seem quite interesting and I'm looking forward to know more about them.

OP and ED? Forgettable.
Music, perfect, it's Iwasaki Taku.
Seiyuu? Perfect too, at least so far.

Overall impression on the plot? I don't really know yet, I can kinda suspect they'll, at one point or another, start to look for the missing brother upbdeat classmate doesn't want to talk about, but I'm afraid it'll turn to be small mysteries after small mysteries.
On the other hand it's better than I thought, that detective/assistant thing is a bit overdone and I really was afraid I'd get bored by the time I'd watch this. I'm not. I liked the 20's setting of Gosick, I like the fact that Kami-sama no Memo-chou is set in our era.
Because yeah, they're a bit similar, now let's hope Narumi won't turn like Kujou, but yeah if you liked Gosick you should check.
Though the mysteries are more, much more, well, violent? Twisted? Well, definitely not as refined as the ones in Gosick.