Friday, October 15, 2010

[1st episode]Shinrei Tantei Yakumo

Such a shame, I'm so late that the second episode already aired. Nevermind.

So basically this anime/manga/drama is about a boy Yakumo, who has the power to see spirits and thus tries to resolve some mysteries, first one being brought to him by a random girl.


This one was started because I love the occult and I love Ono Daisuke who's voicing the main character.
Thinking back and while I'm perfectly happy with Ono Daisuke (except for the OP, even if it's his voice I just can't) I'm a little disappointed about the mysteries.
They're not even mysteries, it's all obvious things, I don't like when things are obvious, especially when the thing is calling itself a "mystery anime".

About the characters, well the girl is ok, I mean it's a girl so the fact I don't hate her is already something big.
But I LOVE Yakumo, it's exactly the kind of character I love, cold fucking asshole, except he's actually nice on the inside, which makes me like him less. (but my love for psychos is neverending we all know it)

While I don't regret starting, it didn't trigger the "OMG so cool" thing, too bad I was waiting for this. Well I don't hate it either, but honestly, if you're looking for a good surnatural mystery anime, go watch Ghost Hunt instead. If you have already watched then maybe Yakumo could entertain you, maybe.