Friday, October 15, 2010

[1st episode]Otome Yokai Zakuro

Same thing than for Yakumo, I'm so late, hopefully I'm finishing the review tomorrow, I'm leaving out the second seasons and will do a general recap instead. Yes better idea.

So Otome Yokai Zakuro is set up in an alternative reality where Yokai and humans try to co exist, and that's the very reason of the existence of this special department of the State where military men will cooperate with female Yokais.
(ok, let's get over the fact it's obviously fanservice)


Led by my love for Yokais I started this and, strangely enough I'm not disappointed. Well it's not a masterpiece either.

It doesn't seem to have a very elaborated plot, it's basically one episode = a fight against another yokai, and for the rest we follow their attempts at living together.
Knowing that Zakuro, the main girl, really has a thing against humans and that her Tamaki look alike blond Sakurai Takahiro voiced partner is deadly afraid of spirits it's not really easy. But it's fun. And I love yokais.

I like the seiyuus, but at the same time it has Kana Hanazawa so ...
I also love their song, the song the girls sing when they fight, I NEED this song, and I need the EDs. It doesn't happen often so note this.
It'll never ever beat the masterpiece that is Natsume Yuujinchou in terms of Yokai anime, not sure anything would but at the same time it's easily watchable and not boring so it's on my list of interesting things of the season.