Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The fan and his sleeping habits

Actually, strangely enough, this idea came to me in one of my insomnia streak. How do the regular anime fan sleeps? How do the anime blogger sleeps? And more importantly, do they even sleep?
So I got curious and thought I'd ask you. 

I'm probably pretty special, I'm an early riser, thankfully, I sleep longer now it's winter but expect me to be awake by 8 a.m. everyday (in summer it's 6, not kidding) as such I go to bed pretty early. Or I try to, because obviously sometimes, insomnia (or cafeine) strikes in my system. 
What do I do during these terrible times? I blog, mostly. It's strange how inspiration is much stronger in the middle of the night or in early morning. 

Lately, in a normal day my schedule is as such, study in the morning, work after 2p.m., add the time to do various little chores like cooking, I usually go to sleep around 11p.m. The rest is all anime. Or at least dedicated to the internet. Unless I find something more interesting outside, or someone brings me a book, but you can do a whole lot of things on the internet, really.

I think that it's a question of balance, how to balance work and/or studies along with real life various obligations, other hobbies, sleep and anime. I don't really have an advice on the subject, since, as I said, I'm a bit special in my sleeping habits and would rather go to bed at 9p.m. and wake up willingly at 5 a.m. the next morning to study (I did it regulary in school)

Guess the only thing I have to say is, just like Kurisu, I think couch naps are the best! 


Now, do tell me, how do you sleep? Do you nap? Was your sleep affected by anime and/or blogging and/or the internet?