Saturday, September 18, 2010

Kuroshitsuji II : review

Ok so Kuroshitsuji II is finally finished. I should do a summary, but I don't want to do a summary, will do a quick one though. Oh and beware of spoilers.
So basically Sebastian a demon who formed a contract with Ciel Phantomhive and until Ciel's desire is fulfilled Sebastian is to remain as his butler. Second season features another master/butler couple as villains.



Let's say it first, I LOVE Kuroshitsuji, I really, really do. The manga is really awesome and the concept is just so crazy that I had to fall for it.
I still can't decide whether or not I loved that season two though.

First episode was damn awesome. A trolling masterpiece.
Even though I had suspicions before it still felt so damn good. My favorite episode of the serie, the only episode I still clearly remember.
Introduced Alois and his wonderful psycho self. I wished he would have stayed that twisted all the season.
Next two episodes were useless, what was the point of bringing back all these characters if they're not going to be used later? Fanservice. Yeah fanservice, this serie is full of fanservice.
During the next episodes basically there's fanservice everywhere, naked women, wonderful yaoi hints even I picked (and usually I'm pretty oblivious with yaoi hints), fights for the shonen vibes, ooh a leather outfit on a pretty big chested girl and a wide range of blood and disturbing things.
They tried so hard to please everyone that it shows, if they're going to put fanservice at least choose a public.

These episodes were really weird, they went for something too complicated, I think that's the problem, for the most part I didn't understand what was going on. If they went for such a deep plot they should have made the serie longer and slower.
I really loved the atmosphere though, blood and borderline gore and various disturbing things, me do love.
Loved the seiyuus too, then again this serie has a lot of my favs.
Loved the music Iwasaki Taku is my hero. Want that insert song, not the Kalafina one, the other. Well the OSTs are going to be released with the DVDs, no need to wait one year to get it.

As for the controversial ending, actually I don't know. It was surprising yes indeed. Everything which happened in that last episode was surprising, but I can't say whether or not I liked it. For some reason I just can't decide. So I'll give it a 5/10.

And who can really judge that ending when the fact there's going to be a third season is so obvious?