Saturday, May 14, 2011

Ikebukuro West Gate Park + Hiatus

First. I'm moving out tomorrow so I won't have any access to the internet for a while, because god knows how slow they can be for that kind of stuff. Wish me luck?

Second. Ishida Ira's Ikebukuro West Gate Park. I finally read that second book and fell in love all over again. (and was convinced all over again that Narita Ryohgo got some inspiration from there to write Durarara!!, just like I'm convinced he knows the authors of Kara no Kyoukai but that's another story and I digress ^^)
So, gathering all of my courage I went to look for the drama and .... finished the drama.



That was hard. Because it's a bad adaptation. I should have known better than to hope for something awesome. And I pretty much hate the actor who plays the main guy and don't understand the changes in the story and/or in the characters' personnalities nor do I get the unncessary emphasis on love stories. And they didn't adapt my favorite part of the books.
So yeah, bad drama, baaaaad. (Then again the only dramas I really liked are Gokusen and Life)

The books on the other hand are really awesome.
When you're reading them you get the feeling you are in the city, you're right there observing everything that happens and the only thing you wish is to never stop reading.
It's composed of collections of short stories with the same recuring characters, mostly 4 of them though, the main guy, Majima Makoto, his badass mother, and two of his friends, the ex-bullied-now-successfull-yakuza Saru and the boss of the biggest color gang out there, Ando Takashi.

It's a book that can be read very fast, written in a very easily understandable style and very catchy, almost like a polar except less dark than a polar.
It feels real, that's the best part of the book. The characters are feeling exactly what every person of their/my age is feeling.

All I can say is that I can't wait for the thirs book to be released.