I will do a first impression post for the Winter season though, once I'll have watched the NoitaminA things.
- Togainu no Chi : Eeh, no not really. I mean it was cool to see them move and talk and all but there's nothing else to it (if you're not into staring at Shiki, and even if you are I'm sorry but it's poor).
The animation has been weird all along, thank you for showing the rainy sky during the Shiki vs. Akira fight, thank you for the pinkish fluo blood, some people said the only good thing was the music, I don't think it's bad but I won't say it's enough to save the show.
In the end, thank you for transforming the wonderful seinen I was waiting for into a half assed tragic friendship/love story anime where fights become secondary and focusing on some of the most annoying male main characters ever made.
Next time you want to animate a yaoi game, either focus on the plot and if you really want to put some BL in it, please, go all out instead of imitating a shoujo.
- Tegami Back Reverse : Still on going, I sense some fillers though.
- Shinrei Tantei Yakumo : The last episodes made me forgive everything, leaves room for a second season though and it probably won't happen. Well at least things are resolved from the time being.
The girl in ove is at least not annoying in this, Yakumo is funny to watch but the coolest character has to be detective Gotou.
Guess you can't do anything against the power of experience
- Hyakka Ryoran Samurai Girls : Nice art still, it evolved into something with a plot, a bit complicated and actually less interesting with it. And I don't like the main guy, the fact that all the girls are all over him despite him not doing anything is beyond me.
- Hakuouki II : I think I've been trolled, such an ending was totally unexpected but I think I liked it.
Other than that well, the cheesiness almost made me puke, not to mention slightly OOC Hijikata.
- Bakuman : Still on going, slow as hell, I suggest you watch the anime before reading the manga because the adaptation might be too good.
- Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge : AWESOME. Even crazier than the first season. I suggest you watch this if only for the last episode, aka the fight between Sister and Maria, and also to have the chance to hear Takai's OP
- Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai : Don't know. Liked bits of it but disliked others, I can't even say what I liked and what I disliked. Will watch the second season anyway
- Kuragehime : I'm in love with this, it's really, really cute and the characters are all adorable, they're adorable because they're weird. I want more of this and I'm definitely going to read the manga.
- Otome Yokai Zakuro : One of the best anime of the season and probably the biggest surprise, a wonderful collection of EDs, a wonderful collection of seiyuu, traditionnal like music, some romance perfectly integrated in the plot. A favourite of mine.
- Panty and Stockings with Garterbelt : I feared the jokes would go down, they didn't. Wonderful ending, the troll like of ending, can't wait for the second season.
Liked the animation, made me laugh, liked the characters, Brief surprised me, Panty and Stockings did too, really loved the music video and the transformation scene is beautiful.
/brb, hunting cosplays
- Star Driver Kagayaki no Takuto : Still on going as well. Plot appears, the rest start to get old after 13 episodes
- Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru : Worth watching if only for the School Festival episode (or you can just check the song) Sometimes gave off some Bakemonogatari vibes but very briefly, forgettable, probably impossible to marathon though
- Oreimo : Surprise there, never intended to watch, was drawn by the plot, was kept by Kuroneko (I have a crush on Kuroneko) and I have to admit that I was curious to see what would Kirino torture her brother with next.
Other things which ended :
- Denyuden : How could this even be considered an ending?
But otherwise really nice, lots of good characters, fun, not a single annoying character, seemingly twisted ones who care, seemingly nice ones twisted and evil, good seiyuus, good plot, nice battles, no really one of my favourite thing
- Shiki : You liked Higurashi? You will like Shiki, except Shiki is much better and waaay easier to understand.
It has some very, very disturbing scenes though and no censorship, at all.
The characters are all interesting, the plot is as well, the only thing I'm wondering now is how they will continue after this.
Guess I'll know when the French releases of the manga will have caught up.
- Nurarihyon no Mago : Typical Jump stuff, meaning neverending battles, but it has Yôkai, good seiyuu and interesting plot. For the next season, just please, faster.